Sunday, June 12, 2011

“ANDHRA STUDENT “ – KARUNASRI

Mother Sanskrit, the most revered of the entire earth
dotes on me
Most delicate and sweet Andhra is my dear sister
Laksmi of literature, the most novel and beautiful
is my better half
Baby of poetry, sweet , rhythmic, and talkative toddler
is my daughter

Panini is lord of mine
I am a denizen of City of romantic literature
I am an “Andhra student” who mastered
The meaning of the gem-studded harp of the goddess Saraswati.

Once I lose myself in the nectarine rains of Pothana’s poesy
Once I smell the fragrance of Timmana’s parijaata flower
Once I taste the wine of the cluster of grapes of Peddana’s poesy
Once I roam on the golden peaks of full blooming of art of Poet Pingali

Once I swing along with damsel of poesy
on the waves of the Ganges of the sky
I am an “Andhra student” wandering
in the heavenly garden of Telugu literature.


Master Poet Kalidasa’s way is my royal way
Bana Bahttu’s darling baby Kaadambari is my friend of many tales
Bhavabuti’s tender songs bathe me in compassion
The First poet Valmiki’s moving ideas are my garden

The tender lap of Bharati
Is my dear throne of pearls
I Am an ”Andhra student “ who implants
Tender creepers of Sanskrit in Telugu gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment