Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Coming Together -- karunasri


                             
Man of  auspiciousness!    You are a riddle to me
This Yasodhara is a lass  innocent  to know you
I thought  eyes  for ruling  horizons far were stage for my love
Couldn’t anticipate  my mangalsutra was   string  of  wellbeing cosmic.

I trusted in you as my lord, man of kindness!
 Ignorant of the lord of my heart turning into lord of cosmos
Thought of you as flute for   paths forest
 Unaware of  you as harp of enlightenment  on  paths  cosmic.

River  of  mercy, the  Lord turns into flood of moonlight
Peace and pleasure   overwhelm   people’s hearts
In teachings of the   Lord ,  world may see  ways of salvation
Forgetting  the tales and woes of Yasodhara  

It was inexplicable
Whether the lord heard the lyrics
Sung on the harp of her heart
Siddhartha’s eyes were tears.  

                                  ***
I am mot ignorant, woman!
Cordial bond of ours was  mutual and transcendental 
I knew all the depths of our heart
In shadows of your eyelashes merry,
I read the poem of cosmic secret.

Then a great idea enveloped my heart
I moved ahead as if someone called me
If  told , would hot tears  in your eyes
 Let  my feet   to move away ?

In saffron attire, under the banyan tree
I spent three years twice in penance hard
Here you turned your life into penance
suffering  for long the tongues  of  flames of parting.
                                ***
She  listened to the heartbeat of the lord
He saw the thoughts in her mind
Theirs was the language of hearts loving
 Theirs was  the  conversation silent.
                              ***
                An extract from  'Karunasri' 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment