Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Healing

Life is a conflict
Between itself and death
War  a wound
Made by  the trade and ambition
Love  a balm
Prescribed by the pious and prophets
 To save the soul of  life     
Does anyone  kiss the edge of the blade
In lieu of  darling’s  lips ?
How long   peace  a   daydream of the brave
Or  a  nightmare of the Knave ?



In Memory of Tony

When it was alive and  accosting me
I escaped it slyly
Out of probable embarrassment
And professional inconvenience
When it was gone
I wanted it to follow me
My heart looked at empty space
Where it could have been awaiting  
My heart felt twisted 
To find its invisible form
Such a gentle soul
Despite its ferocious face
I long to see it again
When form disappears
What remains?
A memory tender
A   tear dry.


                                
                                                  
                                   
                                   Teacher of empathy 

Learn from dog
Love absolute
For a few morsels or biscuits
It sees you as a demigod
It tells of its hunger
By catching your hand
In  a way gentle and  unique
It knocks the door
Like a friend
Like a  child
Like a guest
Like a man
Who  needs  a lesson
From faith incarnate.
        ***




VIRTUE OF IDEALISM

Many dismiss souls
Except for humans
For convenience sake  
I think  otherwise
Since I don’t justify
Hierarchy of life
I believe not in  ghosts but  in  value of life
Which evolves painfully   
When energy forms vanish
 Memories engulf us  
Make us  thoughtful
Dreaming of divinity 
We grow imperceptibly
Tears nurture 
A sapling of insight    
  Often scorned  as sentiment.
***






No comments:

Post a Comment