Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FROM “SONG OF TRAGEDY”-- T V SATYANARAYANA

“Streams of tears are surging up everywhere
Tears in the sky, tears inside the earth
Human history turned into a lady and raining tears
Streams of blood on battlefields of humans
Are reaching cosmic sea as streams of tears
Showers of tears in every heart, every womb  
Tears in tender heart of bride anew
Strings of tears beneath the smiles of babies

In the lotus heart of a new mother, winds of tears
Hearts of the earth, Sun and God  and fate
Are overflowing with lakes of tears 
I turn into herald of  tragedy cosmic  and play the harp of tears
Today I see my heart moved by divine emotion
I adorn the universe with garlands of tears-
I turn into stream of tears to vanish into cosmic sea.”
 
                           - Extract  from Vaitarini (1969)

No comments:

Post a Comment